At Splash, we don’t just offer jobs – we build careers. Every single day, we make sure every team member is bursting with energy and excitement, and works efficiently to the best of their ability.
Our commitment to our team has been recognized in the HR Awards we’ve won, including Best Talent Management Strategy, Best Career Development Strategy & Best HR Strategy in line with business at the Asia’s Best Employer HR Awards.
We’re looking for people who are ambitious, creative and inspiring. If you’re ready for challenges, want to have fun and make a difference in a dynamic environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Current Job Vacancies
- Buyer - Basics ( Women's Wear ) (Location: Dubai, UAE)
The job holder will be responsible for developing strategic buying plans for the assigned department/category. The job holder will also ensure smooth buying operations through vendor identification, evaluation and selection, in compliance with the contract principles to achieve the strategic and financial objectives of the concept.
Buying Budget and Planning
- Determine buying requirements and formulate buying plan and budget for the assigned department/category
- Align the buying plan to the overall department/category business plan and the merchandize strategy as laid down by the department/ category manager
- Help meet the profit targets by ensuring timely procurement of the department/category Merchandise
- Pursue cost reduction measures through centralized bulk buying and/ or selecting appropriate vendor mix, scanning the environment for benchmarks and constantly improving the purchase process
- Develop an adequate vendor base for the concept through active scouting and negotiation / renegotiation
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers and negotiate the best deals with them for procuring merchandise
- Maintain contact with vendors; update list of vendors for bidding purposes; attend product demonstrations, obtain samples and literature regarding potential products and vendor capabilities and confer with end users
- Identify, evaluate and select appropriate vendor mix to achieve business objectives
- Place orders based on the buying plan and ensure merchandise is delivered as per the plan based on the agreed service level agreement
- Implement financial and credit services agreement with the vendor that maximize profit and positively contribute to cash flow
- Track the merchandise transportation from supplier to landmark distribution centre and ensure smooth flow of goods
- Follow the reverse logistics guidelines to send the faulty / damaged goods back to the vendor
Vendor and Product Research
SP - 006
- Identify and leverage alternate buying opportunities to source products and to ensure that company maintains its competitive edge by constant renegotiation
- Ensure effective communication, collation and follow-up on various product requirements and findings obtained from the sales/store data
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in buying and discuss the same with the department/category Manager from time to time to assess realignment of existing processes
- Gather information from Industry trade groups or through trade shows/market visits